Wednesday, October 13, 2010

La Plaza Mayor de Madrid




Today we live like like Madrileños. Walked the Plaza del Sol, hopping from shop to shop, picking up this or that. Had a wonderful desayuno (breakfast) of eggs, potatoes, and the best chorizo I've ever had.

Then we proceeded to do one of the #1 things on my list to do in Spain: park ourselves at a little table in the corner of Plaza Mayor in the heart of Madrid, and munch on ham, churros and chocolate, beer and wine. We sat in the shade, people watching, for a good two hours. I'm pretty sure I'm going back there tomorrow ;) I was worried we'd get nailed by ridiculous tourist prices, but the whole meal was 22 Euro. Que Bueno!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Glad to hear that things are finally turning for the better. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete